cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing gdb server error Target no device found Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: No device found on target.

Mohamed moumin.
Associate

Hello teams,

we are facing some issue with ST microcontroller and ST-link debugger help me out from this issue.

GDB server error and below its showing, Target no device found

Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: No device found on target. when im try to flash program and debug at the time its showing this error using the USB type st-link debugger.

And some other issue also we are facing in stm32 nucleo-F401RE like The interface firmware failed to reset/halt the target MCU.

ill attached screenshot in this place find out..0693W00000LxCguQAF.png0693W00000LxCdmQAF.png

4 REPLIES 4
Mr. AK
Associate III

Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to start GDB server

Failed to start GDB server

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: (4) No device found on target.

this same error is occurring for me also. I'm using STM32H745ZGIT6 144 pins (NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q board), dual core device. I have two of these and the first one is still working fine but now when I started to use the second one, I'm not able to debug the code. And this error is shown as message. Usually, "waiting for debugger" message is displayed on the console when debugging is done. But with this second board, I'm not seeing any such message, instead, it stops by saying "No Device Found On Target" . I tried the ST-LINK firmware updating through STM32cubeIDE and it was successful but still when debugging this error shows-up. Please help

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

Check if STM32CubeProgrammer can connect.

Check NRST and VDDA.

Have a look at this post, it may help you.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi,

Thank you so much for reaching out to reply my query.

I checked all the hardware connection in NUCLEO-H745ZI-Q board but there was no faults. I read about deadlock from the document UM2408 (a read about BOT0 pin from the post you have shared), user manual and followed the steps to come out a deadlock situation and it works now. I'm able to debug the device now.

Thank you

its scanning the device, showing the id number whenever try to debug its showing like target not found.Even I have checked through st link utility also ,in there also in the connection window it showing the id of the device but when you try to connect it,the porblem showing like cannot connect to the target .This is the issue we are facing and we are unable to solve the issue till now even after trying the all possible ways.Kindly help us with the new method or strategy .