cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have chips in a 48 LQFP case with the sign on top of ST32F103C8T6. I can connect them with ST-Link properly and he recognices an device ID: 0f 0x414. 256kByte Flash ST3210xx High density device. I'm not able to handle these devices in CSTcube IDE

Tetrastruct
Associate II

Which chip is inside and how can I launch the software, STcube IDE always permitt launching with the note: no ST device found.

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Prof. Dr. Reinhard Müller-Syhre Müller-Syhre​, to the community!

If the part are actually labelled ST32F103C8T6 and not STM32F103C8T6, they are most likely fakes. The real STM32F103C8T6 have 64KB flash and not 256KB, and they belong to the medium-density group and not to the high-density group, so they should report themselves with 0x410.

So if these are fakes, the STM32CubeIDE rightly objects to them.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Tetrastruct
Associate II

Hallo Peter Thanks for your quick answer.

I did not type correct. sorry.

The labeled code is really STM32F01C8T6

991KA 93

MYS 806

STsign e4 (rounded in circle) x

The ST link reads real 256kBytes and the ID 0x414 and you can read and write each byte

It tells it is a high density part of the STM32F10xx Family.

All the flash adresses are reall existent

The case is 48 Pin. everything strange a little

Tetrastruct
Associate II

sry Label is STM32F103C8T6 !

Tetrastruct
Associate II

regarding your answer,

Yes I know the real STMF103C8T6 and made a lot project with it, and I know that the code is 0x410. But the when they run out I ordered new Blue Pills for some projects and the new order from april 2022 all the parts have the 0x414 ID and 256kBytes in the 48 Pin device.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

OK, but as I said, an original STM32F01C8T6 must report with 0x410 and 64KB.

Unfortunately, the massive current demand, which has been impossible to satisfy for some time, is calling for counterfeiters with fakes on a large scale. They are found particularly often, for example, on the Blue Pill boards popular with beginners. Sometimes the fakes can be recognised by the markings used on the package, but sometimes they can only be recognised by details.

Since they are guaranteed to be fakes because of the wrong ID, you don't need to upload a clearly recognisable photo of the package.

If the problem is resolved or answered, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Tetrastruct
Associate II

... but somthing real ST chip with 256 kByte flash has to be inside ?

I investigated for the 0x414 ID and found out that st build anytime some STM32F100xC with the 0x414 Id but never in a 48P case, so I think its a kind of fake.