cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm3210e-eval debugging issue on stm32 cube ide

Oluwatobiloba
Associate II

I just got a new stm32f103zgt6. Following the steps on how to use stm32 cube ide with the board, when I tried debugging, it says no St-link connected. I would like to know how to go about this and also how to use jtag instead of stlink as well

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You've attached a photo of the board but I don't see the STLink connected to it. Please share a photo of the STL-ink probe that you've connected to the board. Knowing that there is no built-in STLink for this board.

JTAG connector on which you must connect the STLink probe (CN9 connector):

SofLit_0-1707752073425.png

Also you need to power the board with USB cable or an external power supply.

Check also the user manual of the board at this link: https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um0488-evaluation-board-with-stm32f103zx-mcu-stmicroelectronics.pdf

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

How did you connect the ST-Link?

Could you please share a photo of your STLink and the board connected together?

Which tool you're using to connect to the MCU? an IDE? CubeProgrammer? STLink utility?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Oluwatobiloba
Associate II

A picture of the board is attached to this message. Like I said, I'm a novince to stm32. I followed the video under stm32 cube ide. On how to get started with it. When it got to debugging, i got a notification that st-link is not connected and from the video, st-link wasn't mentioned. I would appreciate it if you can give me the steps on how to go about this

You've attached a photo of the board but I don't see the STLink connected to it. Please share a photo of the STL-ink probe that you've connected to the board. Knowing that there is no built-in STLink for this board.

JTAG connector on which you must connect the STLink probe (CN9 connector):

SofLit_0-1707752073425.png

Also you need to power the board with USB cable or an external power supply.

Check also the user manual of the board at this link: https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um0488-evaluation-board-with-stm32f103zx-mcu-stmicroelectronics.pdf

You realise that this board does not have an ST-Link built in?

You have to connect an ST-Link (or other debug probe) to it.

Do you have an ST-Link connected?

EDIT

Also, check your link settings; eg,

AndrewNeil_0-1707752364225.png

AndrewNeil_1-1707752378235.png