cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK-MINIE VCP not working.

JLitt.3
Associate II

I have 5 versions of the STLINK. For the three newer versions, the VCP on STLINK-V3MODS and STLINK-V3MINI work as expected. I've been using the V3MODS and V3MINI daily for over a year. The STLINK-V3MINIE shows up as a COM port in Windows Device manager and can be selected in programs such as Terraterm and Realterm but the pins on the MINIE seem not to be connected. Nothing comes in or out. The firmware in the MINIE is V3J10M3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
S C
ST Employee

Hello,

May you please ensure that T_VCC is provided as input to the V3MINIE. It is required as this board contains level shifters while it was not the case with V3MODS and V3MINI.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Perhaps check schematic and RX / TX naming and direction.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JLitt.3
Associate II

Thanks for the reply. I have the three newer versions side by side on my bench. I can see data with the scope on the MODS and MINI, but the MINIE is silent. I can connect RX to TX on them to echo characters from Terraterm. Again, two work and one is silent.

T_VCP_RX *OUTPUT* --> USARTx_RX

T_VCP_TX *INPUT* <-- USARTx_TX

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2910-stlinkv3minie-debuggerprogrammer-tiny-probe-for-stm32-microcontrollers-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JLitt.3
Associate II

No Joy there either. The loop-back test rules that possible problem out.

S C
ST Employee

Hello,

May you please ensure that T_VCC is provided as input to the V3MINIE. It is required as this board contains level shifters while it was not the case with V3MODS and V3MINI.

JLitt.3
Associate II

OK, Perfect. That is the solution. I caused the problem. I cut that wire on a few of my cables in order to investigate a pesky reset problem months ago. Thanks for your fine attention to detail.

This is not in the manual, it really needs to be updated to include this information.