cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the leg(pd8) is connected to ground in the schematics

YShko.1
Associate II

can some one please tell me why is the schematics the pd8 is connected to gnd?

here is a picture of the schematics0693W00000Y6vykQAB.png 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @YShko.1​,

By default the PD8 and PD9 are used as GPIOs.

And when solder bridges SB29/SB30 are OFF, you can use PD8 and PD9 as GND and VDD as shown in the UM2324 and precisely in table 10.

0693W00000Y6wDzQAJ.pngBut I notice a contradiction between the UM2324 and the schematic, Is it PD8 connected to GND or VDD?

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 141998(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers). 

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @YShko.1​,

By default the PD8 and PD9 are used as GPIOs.

And when solder bridges SB29/SB30 are OFF, you can use PD8 and PD9 as GND and VDD as shown in the UM2324 and precisely in table 10.

0693W00000Y6wDzQAJ.pngBut I notice a contradiction between the UM2324 and the schematic, Is it PD8 connected to GND or VDD?

I reported this issue internally.

Internal ticket number: 141998(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers). 

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Next time tell us it's a Nucleo board.

The solder bridges SB29 and SB30 for the 'G070 should be unconnected, i.e. those pins are not connected to GND and VDD. The board is used also for other 'G0xx models, and some of them have power pins as pins 40/41 rather than GPIO.

JW

Hi Kaouthar,

I believe that the symbols used for SB29/SB30 on the above schematics mean "disconnected solder bridge" - note that the arc within the symbol is not continuous, in contrast to SB20.

JW

@KDJEM.1​ 

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

You are right.

By default the SB29/SB30 are disconnected solder bridge because the arc is not continuous, in contrast SB20.

Thank you for your contribution.

Kaouthar

Thank you very much!!

Thank you very much!!

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @YShko.1​,

The connections are set as described below:

- PD8 is well connected to SB30 which is connected to GND

- PD9 is well connected to SB29 which is connected to VDD

I have already raised internally the UM2324 typo for correction in next release.

Thank you for your contribution in STCommunity.

Kaouthar

Ouch.

JW​