cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK V2 Clone cannot upgrade firmware, so cannot proceed with STM32CubeIDE 1.9.0

wb0gaz
Senior

Here is a sequence of screen captures demonstrating the problem I'm encountering (in particular, the firmware version displayed by the software appears to become same as the firmware version intended for upgrade; the upgrade says it failed, but then appears to complete, but does not actually solve the operational issue (subsequent attempt to use the device yields the following message in the console:)

"Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: ST-LINK firmware upgrade required. Please upgrade the ST-LINK firmware using the upgrade tool."

0693W00000LxQEzQAN.png0693W00000LxQEuQAN.png0693W00000LxQEaQAN.png0693W00000LxQEVQA3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

A clone is only a clone, use at your own risk.

hth

KnarfB

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KnarfB
Principal III

A clone is only a clone, use at your own risk.

hth

KnarfB

wb0gaz
Senior

Yes, just no experience with this device before --- turns out STM32 Programmer software (current version) supports the clone for programming/reading/etc., but no debugging, which is sufficient for the current need.

Tks

parth kothiya
Senior

Just open your ST LINK V2 and see which ic inside other from ST is clone devices.​

PRisa.1
Associate

Clone is equipped with CKS 32F103C8, seems to be a non accurate alternative to STM32F103C8.

wb0gaz
Senior

Agreed - I did find that type of device inside the clone unit; I now use STM32CubeProgrammer with this device as it is (at least in current version) accepting the clone unit's existing firmware; I use a genuine STLink device when necessary to use STM32CubeIDE 1.9.0 which will not accept nor upgrade the clone unit's existing firmware.

hrosh.1
Associate

i use

STSW-LINK007 ver 2.36 so my st link updated to v 2.36

then use STM32 ST-LINK Utility  in stlink menu update stlink to 3.37

leafar
Associate II

ya lo intente pero no me deja 

st-link device lost when exiting update mode

Alguien que tenga la solucion, ya se desde los archivos, porque desde el upgrate no me deja

Que soluciones puedo hacer para usar el cubeIDE con el clon?