cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Filter Configuration

SeosaphM
Associate II

Thanks to SofLit, I managed to create a new project from a configured .ioc file. 

The next objectif is to see if I can read CAN data from an instrument cluster I have on my bench.

I am attempting to read the data from STMCubeProgrammer. I can connect to my Nucleo board and read device memory. 

I have connected my Nucleo board with external VIN; as I understatnd ground reference for CAN requires all components to be connected to this same reference.

The data seems to be going in a loop, but nothing changes when I select Live Update.

Do I need toset up filters if I want to see all data on the bus?

Can I use STMProgrammer for such data reading?

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Not sure I understand what you want to do! 
What CubeProgrammer has to do here? Are you trying to read your mcu flash content? If yes you need to refer to the AN2606 and use system bootloader otherwise cube programmer is not intended to read can frames.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your message. I am attempting to eventually run SavvyCan from my Nucleo Board, but thought CubeProgrammer did a similar job showing data being streamed Live. Not....

Since I know nothing about Filter Configurations, I am following 

STM32 CAN LOOPBACK Mode || FILTER Configuration from Controllers Tech

This is me just following a tutorial as best as I can, not really knowing what I am doing to configure filters.

I am trying to understand them and comparing it to the example you mentioned in a previous post (CubeF3).

I realise that the Controllers Tech setup is not identicle to the .ioc file you linked, so I guess there are incompatibilities.

I have ordered 2 "Blue Pills - STMF103" to connect up and create a network as per Controllers Tech example. 

I will then move up a level and try the examples in the STM libraries with the videos I have been watching through the Tutorials.

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't recommend "XXX Pills" boards as many members here faced issues with them. I remember someone had issues with CAN communication.

So better to purchase a NUCLEO board instead, so we can support you.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.