cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming a single processor

smldgns3
Associate

Hello everyone. I'm new to this platform. I'm working on PCB design and just started learning. Currently, I'm working as an intern at an avionics company. I've been asked to work on a project using a microcontroller and an IMU sensor. Due to the availability in my country, I chose the STM32F103C6T6ATR microcontroller. For the sensor, I decided to use the BNO055 sensor and created a schematic using the KiCad application, which I attached. After creating the PCB layout and manufacturing it, I will proceed with programming and using the board. I want to show it to you to verify the correctness of my connections and identify any potential issues. Another question I have is about programming the microcontroller using the ST-Link v2 adapter. Can I use the SWDIO and SWCLK pins that I placed in the header for this purpose? I couldn't quite understand how to use the boot pins based on my research. In general, what modifications or additions can I make to my schematic for these tasks? Thank you in advance.

6339c685-4802-4b40-95ac-51b158633645.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Bob S
Principal

You may also need the reset signal connected to the STLink so it can perform a "connect under reset" in case your code does strange things (like disable the JTAG/SWD pins before the STLink can get control of the chip).

Pulling the BOOT pin high will force the internal bootloader to run, which if you've provided the correct connections, allows programming the CPU via UART, USB, I2C or SPI ports with needing an STLink.  See AN2606.