cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem upgrading ST-LINK (Nuclei STM32F446RE)

carrivcarrier
Associate

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble updating the STLINK on my Nucleo F446-RE board. CubeProgrammer allows me to read the microcontroller's memory without any problem, but when I try to update the STLINK firmware, the following happens:

unnamed.png

• It is detected (although it does not provide information about the current firmware or version):

unnamed-2.png

• However, when I click on "Open in update mode", it becomes "not connected" and I cannot update the firmware. This is a problem because CubeIDE requires me to update the STLINK in order to debug. What could be failing? What am I doing wrong?

unnamed-3.png

 I had not used the board or CubeIDE for a few months, and upon returning to work, I find that I cannot use it. Could it be something related to USB drivers?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carrivcarrier
Associate

Just in case it helps someone: I solved the problem by installing a dedicated USB driver (STSW-LINK009) and changing the USB cable. 

More info in the RN0093 release note: "Firmware upgrade for ST-LINK, ST-LINK/V2, ST-LINK/V2-1 and STLINKV3 boards"

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

In CubeIDE options disable checking st-link version. This should stop it from nagging you.

If you want to update: try again on a pristine PC - no 3rd party or corporate software, especially "endpoint security". Use a good USB cable.

carrivcarrier
Associate

Just in case it helps someone: I solved the problem by installing a dedicated USB driver (STSW-LINK009) and changing the USB cable. 

More info in the RN0093 release note: "Firmware upgrade for ST-LINK, ST-LINK/V2, ST-LINK/V2-1 and STLINKV3 boards"

Thank you!