cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-32 G0 vs. G4 CN3/CN4 connector references

MarcV
Associate II

I once made a prototype pcb that contained a Nucleo-32 G431. During testing, I noticed that the PCB did not work and even contained a short circuit. On closer inspection I noticed that the rows of the Arduino Nano connectors on my PCB were swapped. Flipping the nucleo board over fixed the problem.

But I never understood how I could have made this mistake when creating the footprint of the nucleo board...

Until today. I also have some Nucleo-32 G031 boards available. Both nucleo boards have the arduino nano connectors and these are called CN3 and CN4 on both boards. BUT... on the G4 board the names are swapped compared to the G0 board! This must have caused the confusion!

Why not give these connectors the same name throughout all boards?

G0vsG4.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @MarcV 

After check, the only STM32 Nucleo 32 board that swapped the CN3 and CN4 is the NUCLEO-G431KB. I dont now the exact reason why it has been swapped. I've escalated a recommendation to our design teams to try to keep them on the same order on the Coming Nucleo 32 boards.(under internal ticket 189434)

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @MarcV 

After check, the only STM32 Nucleo 32 board that swapped the CN3 and CN4 is the NUCLEO-G431KB. I dont now the exact reason why it has been swapped. I've escalated a recommendation to our design teams to try to keep them on the same order on the Coming Nucleo 32 boards.(under internal ticket 189434)

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

BarryWhit
Senior III

*** right, that's quite evil.

- If someone's post helped resolve your issue, please thank them by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Please post an update with details once you've solved your issue. Your experience may help others.