cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ST-LINK detected! - Nucleo H723ZG

DPiór.1
Associate II

Hi,

So far I was using Nucleo WB55 and everything was ok with ST-LINK. Now I created new project and switched to Nucleo H723ZG. When I try to run or debug I receive message:

No ST-LINK detected! Please connect ST-LINK and restart the debug session.

The Nucleo board is connected via USB, I restarted CubeIDE and my mac, but it didn't help. When I try to update ST-LINK I receive such message:

0693W00000AMjfcQAD.png0693W00000AMjfhQAD.png 

macOS Catalina

STM32CubeIDE (v1.6.1)

Nucleo H723ZG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello!

Do you have stand-alone CubeProgrammer and if so, can you connect through that? It's available here.

Do you have access to another computer to see if the problem persists?

Also, maybe very basic but it never hurts to ask... have you tried another USB port?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello!

Do you have stand-alone CubeProgrammer and if so, can you connect through that? It's available here.

Do you have access to another computer to see if the problem persists?

Also, maybe very basic but it never hurts to ask... have you tried another USB port?

DPiór.1
Associate II

Hi Markus,

I just installed and CubeProgrammer and tried to connect, but without success. Please see below screenshot:

0693W00000AMmTeQAL.png 

I'm using MacBook Pro, so I don't have any USB port. I'm using Thunderbolt -> USB adapter. It works with Nucleo WB55 without any issues. I am able to connect with Nucleo WB55 via CubeProgrammer and Cube IDE. With Nucleo H723ZG I am not able to connect, however Mac sees the board.

Hmm, that does seem odd. I'll try a test tomorrow but I'm not sure if we have that exact board in the office and you mention that it works correctly using the WB55 board so there's a risk that I won't be able to reproduce, but I'll try!

My best advice so far would be to try the H7 board with a different computer to see if it's a board-specific or Mac-specific problem.

Thank you Markus.

I'll try with PC. Also maybe I'll try to uninstall Cube IDE and Cube Programmer and install it again.

It works perfectly well with WB55, however it's using ST-LINK V2-1, where H723ZG is using STLINK V3. Below screenshots show connection with WB55.

0693W00000AMtjyQAD.png0693W00000AMtk3QAD.png

I checked on PC with Windows 7 and it works. CubeProgrammer was able to connect with H723ZG (and with WB55).

The problem is that I work on Mac and need to connect with H723ZG from Mac. Any ideas what's wrong and how to solve it?

DPiór.1
Associate II

There is a partial success =)

The way how WB55 was connected and worked:

Thunderbolt -> adapter Thunderbolt-USB -> USB hub to connect Nucleo and usb mouse.

In case of H723:

• The same connection flow didn't work.
  • Connecting H723 to different ports in USB hub also didn't help.
  • Disconnecting mouse also didn't help.
  • Removing USB hub and connecting H723 directly to Thunderbolt-USB adapter helped =)

I tried it already before, but without success. Maybe I didn't wait long enough or reinstalling Cube changed something.

It's not ideal solution, because I can't use external mouse now, however it's good enough to work. Do you have any idea why usb HUB works with WB55 and does not work with H723? (this USB hub is very old...)

Thank you!