cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im trying to flash first program into STM32U575ZIT. For some reason I m getting the next error: stm32 failed to start GDB server error in initializing st-link device REASON:no device found . I updated the ST-LINK and still not working.

tried to update the ST-LINK with the cubeIDE after that with the ST-LINK TOOL and at the end I tried to install the latest driver with device manager .

the STM32U575ZIT is pack fresh .

(nucleo)

14 REPLIES 14
Adams.Peter
Associate III

I'm having the same problem with the (ST-LINK GDB server) connection, when I switch to 'ST-LINK (OpenOCD)' I can debug the application.

When I use the (ST-LINK GDB server) I get the following message:

-----------

STMicroelectronics ST-LINK GDB server. Version 6.0.0

Copyright (c) 2021, STMicroelectronics. All rights reserved.

Starting server with the following options:

Persistent Mode      : Disabled

Logging Level       : 1

Listen Port Number     : 61234

Status Refresh Delay    : 15s

Verbose Mode        : Disabled

SWD Debug         : Enabled

InitWhile         : Enabled

Target unknown error 32

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: Unknown. Please check power and cabling to target.

---------------

Version CubeIDE : 1.8

GDBserver version: actually don't know

even if some configuration work it still succeed only after 2-3 tries if work at all .

AMusn.1
Associate II

I have the same problem with Nucleo-WL55JC1 -- :( ;(... first I try with the latest version of cubeIde and I tried with older version.. got the same error.. Please Help.. :).. it's been a year is there any solution to this?

AMusn.1
Associate II

In my case, I get it to run by setting --> menu Run.Debug Configurations. Debugger:

1) connect to remote GDB Server Port Number change to not 61234 --> 61238, (while still chose Autostart local GDB server, Connect to remote GDB Server is not chosen, just change the number

2) Reset Behaviour: choose Hadware reset

Then it runs smoothly every time.. 🙂 :), I really don't know what is the best/correct answer, just sharing my experience...

0693W00000WJU9PQAX.png