cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to increase the TFT Speed on STM32G0B1RCT6

Berlin-raj123
Associate III

hello NXP Expert,

I am trying to achieve the maximum speed for the ST7735S  1.8 inch TFT, but it's very slow on the STM32 microcontroller. However, it reaches maximum speed with the NXP controller. In the video below, you can see that the TFT color filling is very slow. How can I increase the speed?

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

You're going to have to give more details for anyone to be able to help!

https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-write-your-question-to-maximize-your-chances-to-find-a/ta-p/575228

What interface mode are you using?

What have you done to determine where the bottleneck(s) is/are?

What speed is your STM32G0B1RCT6 running at ?

What "NXP controller", and at what speed ?

Is this "NXP controller" running the same code?

Optimisation level?

Have you looked at the interface with a scope or logic analyser - with both STM32 and "NXP" controllers?

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@Berlin-raj123 wrote:

hello NXP Expert

Errr ... this is ST's STM32 community - not the place to find NXP experts!

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @Berlin-raj123 ,

hello NXP Expert,.

Here we are ST not NXP 😉!

I am trying to achieve the maximum speed for the ST7735S  1.8 inch TFT, but it's very slow on the STM32 microcontroller. However, it reaches maximum speed with the NXP controller. In the video below, you can see that the TFT color filling is very slow. How can I increase the speed?

What interface are you using? I suppose you are using SPI interface as there is no FMC on STM32G0B1 product.

What is the frequency you set for SPI clock? Are you at the maximum speed of the LCD SPI clock?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.