cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H753ZI USART2 debugging

TVan .8
Associate III

Hi,

I want to debug the H753ZI through USART2 and connect to the PC through USB. I've done this a lot with other NUCLEO boards. Apparently this feature is not present on the H753ZI board?

Is there another UART connected to the ST-link on this board? Or is there no opportunity to send UART through USB?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

USART3 PD8/PD9 to the ST-LINK/V3 VCP

Make sure HSE_VALUE correctly reflects the speed of the external clock, or use HSI (64 MHz)

Get a scope check the signal, show code if you want us to understand what you've done..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Why don't you use the default VCP on UART3 to debug? Or do you specifically need to use UART2?

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

This is the H753ZI2 board with the ST-LINK/V3 right? As I recall it uses a different UART than the ST-LINK/V2 model. Check User Manual and Schematic in CAD Resources tab.

Will check when I'm in front of a computer. 

TVan .8
Associate III

Thanks for the replies, I've enabled all of the UART's and I'm continuously sending 1 character on all of them. But I get nothing through the COM port?

USART3 PD8/PD9 to the ST-LINK/V3 VCP

Make sure HSE_VALUE correctly reflects the speed of the external clock, or use HSI (64 MHz)

Get a scope check the signal, show code if you want us to understand what you've done..

TDK
Guru

The other folks have it covered, but there's no reason to guess at which UART/pins to use. The user manual has all this information:

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2407-stm32h7-nucleo144-boards-mb1364-stmicroelectronics.pdf

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TVan .8
Associate III

Thx, Ill check it out later

TVan .8
Associate III

Thx, this worked