cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to STLink V3 using CAN

Hyang.21
Associate

Hello,

I want to program an STM32F429 with STLINK-V3SET using CAN.STLINK-V3SET.

When I connect the PB5 pin (CAN_RX) and PB13 pin (CAN_TX) of the STM32F429 to the CAN_RX and CAN_TX of CN5 on STLINK-V3SET, the connection can be successful(as shown in figure 1).

0693W000000UyziQAC.png figure 1

However, when I connected two CAN transceivers (ADM3503) between STM32F429 and STLINK-V3SET, in theory it should be able to connect successfully, but it actually failed to connect (prompt connection timeout).As shown in figure 2 is the connection diagram I drew,are there any errors? and why it can't work?

0693W000000Uz0HQAS.png

figure 2

Then I found there have another interface to using CAN from UM2448(as shown in figure 3),but it still did not work,when I connected the outputs CAN_RX and CAN_TX of the ADM3503 to the CAN_TX and CAN_RX pins of CN9 on STlink-V3SET, respectively.

Another question is, I used a multimeter to measure that CAN_TX of CN5 and CN9 are connected, but CAN_RX is not connected. What is the reason?

0693W000000Uz0WQAS.png

figure 3

Has anyone used this feature?Please answer my doubts

Thank you,

Best regards,

Huayu Yang

3 REPLIES 3
Pjaco.1
Associate II

The CAN pins on CN5 do not require a CAN transceiver. If you look at the V3 manual you'll see that if CN5 is selected (with jumper JP7) then the signals on CN5 are T_CAN_TX (presumably this indicated transceiver CAN TX) and T_CAN_RX.

Using the CAN Tx and Rx on CN7 and CN9 both require the use of an external CAN receiver, whereas this is not the case on CN5.

Pjaco.1
Associate II

whoops - I meant to say an external CAN transceiver, not receiver.

GhostSherry
Associate II

Goodday Hyang.21, I was wondering if you were able to solve this? If so, could you please share how you eventually figured it out?