Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet RMII and MII configuration modes

Ramachandran1992
Associate III

Hi Team,

I am Using NUCLEO-F439ZI EVM, while using ethernet interfacing,

In the RMII mode:

•  LWIP -> Platform Setting -> Driver_PHY - both LAN8742 and DP83848 are enable.

In the MII mode (both half-duplex and full duplex):

• LWIP -> Platform Setting -> Driver_PHY - only DP83848 are enable.

My problem was, while using TCP client and server programming, I choose MII mode, I does not show LAN8742. while using RMII mode, the sent from PC -> EVM board, it cannot accept the data. Guide, what is the mistake done? give the clarification.

Thank You

Ramachandran.S 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ramachandran1992
Associate III

Hi, STea
I selected MII mode instead of RMII mode during ethernet configuration

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STea
ST Employee

Hello @Ramachandran1992 ,

can you please explain what you mean when you said 

@Ramachandran1992 wrote:

My problem was, while using TCP client and server programming, I choose MII mode, I does not show LAN8742. while using RMII mode, the sent from PC -> EVM board, it cannot accept the data.

I don't seem to understand your problem can you please explain what your issue is, is it related to PHYs that you can select in CubeMX? in that case the NUCLEO-F439ZI embeds the PHY lan8742 only.

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi STea,

The problem was solved by me. the selection of mode was different. thank you for your great help and quick reply.

Regards 

Ramachandran S

Hello @Ramachandran1992 ,

sorry for the late response but can you explain further how you resolved you issue.

when you said "the selection of mode was different" which selection mode you are referring to.

if you can describe how, you did resolve your issue and mark it as solution for visibility purposes.

Regards  

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ramachandran1992
Associate III

Hi, STea
I selected MII mode instead of RMII mode during ethernet configuration