cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Ethernet on the STM32H745I-DISCO Board with TouchGFX Integration

frosty
Visitor

Hello,

I’m working on a project with the STM32H745I-DISCO board and need to utilize the Ethernet interface on the M4 core.

I’ve created a graphical application using TouchGFX that runs on the M7 core, and a user application that runs on the M4 core, using STM32CubeIDE. The generated code indicates a dependency on QUADSPI libraries for the TouchGFX framework. However, according to the User Manual UM2488, to enable Ethernet, SB3 and SB4 must be connected, and resistors R38 and R40 need to be removed. This configuration would disconnect the QUADSPI, creating a conflict with the requirements for TouchGFX.

Given these constraints, what is the best way to configure Ethernet on the STM32H745I-DISCO board without disrupting the necessary connections for TouchGFX?

Kind regards,
Frosty

1 REPLY 1
STea
ST Employee

Hello @frosty ,

this conflict between QUADSPI and Ethernet is only present in MII mode thus this constraint :
For 10 Mbit/s half-duplex MII communication, SB3 and SB4 must be ON.

you can try to configure Ethernet in RMII mode that will not use these pins:

RMII pinconfig is as follows for STM32H745I-DISCO:

/**ETH GPIO Configuration
    PG11     ------> ETH_TX_EN
    PG12     ------> ETH_TXD1
    PG13     ------> ETH_TXD0
    PC1     ------> ETH_MDC
    PA2     ------> ETH_MDIO
    PA1     ------> ETH_REF_CLK
    PA7     ------> ETH_CRS_DV
    PC4     ------> ETH_RXD0
    PC5     ------> ETH_RXD1
    */
Regards 
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.