cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L476RG is connected to ST25R3911B and NFC is used for communication. Can NFC7 in the STM-CUBE I

FGang
Associate II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

X-CUBE-NFC7 is dedicated to  X-NUCLEO-NFC07A1 Dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC expansion board.

If your board is a X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1, you can use either the X-CUBE-NFC5 firmware package or the STSW-ST25R-LIB firmware package. I would recommand to use the  STSW-ST25R-LIB. X-CUBE-NFC5 and STSW-ST25R-LIB both provide project files for STM32CubeIDE.

If your question is: "is X-CUBE-NFC5 supported in STM32CubeMX", the answer  is no. As explained by Peter, this firmware package is not integrated in STM32CubeMX.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @FGang, to the community!

the ST25R3911B requires the use of X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1, which cannot be selected as an embedded software pack in the STM32CubeIDE because it was compiled several years ago and is therefore not compatible with the newer STM32CubeIDE. Instead, you can either open a project directly in its unpacked directory, or integrate the drivers (BSP, Middlewares) manually into your project.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

X-CUBE-NFC7 is dedicated to  X-NUCLEO-NFC07A1 Dynamic NFC/RFID tag IC expansion board.

If your board is a X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1, you can use either the X-CUBE-NFC5 firmware package or the STSW-ST25R-LIB firmware package. I would recommand to use the  STSW-ST25R-LIB. X-CUBE-NFC5 and STSW-ST25R-LIB both provide project files for STM32CubeIDE.

If your question is: "is X-CUBE-NFC5 supported in STM32CubeMX", the answer  is no. As explained by Peter, this firmware package is not integrated in STM32CubeMX.

Rgds

BT