cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3911B-DISCO communication with Labview

Riccardo96
Associate II

Hi,

I've purchased the ST25R3911B-DISCO and it's working fine with ST25PC-NFC.exe.

I would like to communicate via uart with ST25R3911B-DISCO in order to implement the tag reading in Labview. There is any document that explain how to create packets to communicate via uart? Or there is any mode of using ST25PC-NFC.exe without GUI and implement the communication via command window?

Thank for the support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

the Disco software is more focused on data exchange and not so much on identifying and issuing the commands necessary to perform R/W operations on the different memory tags.

Maybe you are then really better off with the ST25 SDK.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hello Riccardo96,

you could either use the ST25 SDK which can interface with the ST25R3911B-DISCO board or use the ST25R3911B-DISCO GUI which comes with a DLL and demo projects showcasing NFC communication from C++, C# and Python.

Ulysses

Hello Ulysses,

First of all thanks for the quick answer.

The ST25 SDK you are mentioning is this one: STSW-ST25SDK001 - Software Development Kit for ST25 Tags and Dynamic Tags - STMicroelectronics ?

Also, where can i download the ST25R3911B-DISCO GUI? This i think will be the best solution because i can easly use python with Labview, but i don't see where to find these demo. I think i've read somewhere that this demo will be located in the document folder on my user path but i don't see anything.

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo,

ad 1: correct

ad 2: The demo is part of STSW-ST25R001. In its installation folder you will find a shortcut to Dll3911_Demos.sln somewhere in your user folder.

Ulysses

Hi,

Thanks, i've installed the STSW-ST25PC001, not the one you mentioned.

I'll let you know if it works on my application, thanks.

Riccardo

Hi,

I've installed the demo, i want to ask if there is any document about the function of the firmware, like the one used in the demo.

I want to use the ST25R3911B-DISCO to write the tag and then read it, but i don't see any function in the demo able to do that.

Thanks

Hi,

the Disco software is more focused on data exchange and not so much on identifying and issuing the commands necessary to perform R/W operations on the different memory tags.

Maybe you are then really better off with the ST25 SDK.

Regards, Ulysses

Hi,

ok thanks, i will download the SDK and try it.

Riccardo