How to Add NFC Modules to STM32Cube IDE Software

Gfang.2
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R3911B-DISCO is a ready-to-use kit with a PC GUI interacting with the embedded FW. The source code for the FW is available in STSW-ST25R002 (Firmware for ST25R3911B-DISCO kit (Source)) with a Keil µVision project. The support of STM32Cube is not provided.

If you are looking for a development board with FW package available for STM32Cube, I would rather recommand to use the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 board and the X-CUBE-NFC5 FW package.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi

which NFC module are you referring to? NFC dynamic tag or NFC reader?

A Firmware package is avalable for each NFC expansion board on st.com. For example, for the X-NUCLEO-NFC08A1 reader board, a X-CUBE-NFC6 firmware package is avalable and it contains some demo projects for STM32CubeIDE.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Gfang.2
Associate II

I am using the ST25R3911B-DISCO board, which is an NFC reader. Which NFC firmware package does this board use?

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R3911B-DISCO is a ready-to-use kit with a PC GUI interacting with the embedded FW. The source code for the FW is available in STSW-ST25R002 (Firmware for ST25R3911B-DISCO kit (Source)) with a Keil µVision project. The support of STM32Cube is not provided.

If you are looking for a development board with FW package available for STM32Cube, I would rather recommand to use the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 board and the X-CUBE-NFC5 FW package.

Rgds

BT