cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode" with bluetooth module

HamedTahamtan
Associate II

hi every one . 

I want to program my stm32U5 microcontroller with a Bluetooth module that connected to Uart 1. 

I decided to Use "STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode"

also I use stm32cube programmer software for programing the MCU. 

at first I tried to program the microcontroller by connecting the uart1  RX/TX directly with a usb converter to the pc. and it was successful. below you can see the programing process . 

HamedTahamtan_0-1722519020305.png

for the next step I connected the bluetooth Module to my microcontroller and try to do it again but I faced a problem .

HamedTahamtan_1-1722519172862.png

so I decided to monitor the serial port to see what happened . 

in the normal situation the serial monitor is like this 

HamedTahamtan_2-1722519307040.png

but when I use the bluetooth module it will be so:

HamedTahamtan_3-1722519480506.png

so I realised that the problem starts from the second command(02 fd).

I tried to send the commands with a serial port to the MCU but when I send the command "02  fd" it will return 1f to me and that is wrong. 

as I know from the aplication note an3155 that this line contins two different commands , I have done it in another way so that: at first I send the command "02" and with a small delay send "fd" then it works well . you can see also the results below 

HamedTahamtan_4-1722519883756.png

now I want to know where is this problem comes from . and how can I solve it . 

or is there any other software or way or configurations  that you can suggest me to program my microcontroller with ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Better to probe the Tx and Rx and see the bahavior. It could be somthing related to your Bluetooth module.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Better to probe the Tx and Rx and see the bahavior. It could be somthing related to your Bluetooth module.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.