cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter a password on the NFC Tap iOS app

JVern.4
Associate

How do I enter a password on the NFC Tap iOS app when the keyboard covers the action buttons?

I'm trying to password protect a ST25TA02KB using NFT Tap for iOS, and having some difficulty. First, it's giving me a, "This is not a type 4A tag" error. If I dismiss that and try to forge ahead and set a password, the iOS keyboard covers up the password entry fields and action buttons (see attached image). So my questions are:

• Has anyone encountered this and is there a solution?
  • How is a password properly entered in these fields?

I have a newborn's knowledge of NFCs, so please be kind. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
victor laraison
ST Employee

Hi JVern,

That's clear.

We're delivering a new release in coming days for fixing this "display" issue with PWD.

Sorry again for inconvenience.

Br,

Vincent

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
victor laraison
ST Employee

hi Jvem,

Thx for your interest regarding our iOS NFC Tap Application.

Regarding your issue, please, could you detail more the use case :

• you re using a ST25TA02KB tag
  • Then, which menu do you use for entering password ?
  • iPhone used ? I guess that depending on scree size, pop up windows for keyboard overlap the password. Normally, the Password window should scroll . is it he case ?

Thx for information.

JVern.4
Associate

Hi Victor,

Thanks for replying. Here are my answers:

• Correct, using the ST25TA02KB tag
  • First I scan the tag, then under the "More" menu, select "Type 4a Password". Scan the tag again, and get the "This is not a Type4A Tag" error message. Tap "OK", then select the "Present PWD" button. That's when I get to the screen shown in the initial message above.
  • I'm using an iPhone 12, running iOS 15.3.1. No, the password window does not scroll. The only thing I can do when I get to the password screen is restart the app.

Happy to answer any more questions if you have them.

victor laraison
ST Employee

Hi JVern,

That's clear.

We're delivering a new release in coming days for fixing this "display" issue with PWD.

Sorry again for inconvenience.

Br,

Vincent