cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't enter the decimal part of a number in to the Converter field in MEMS-studio.

zmogas
Associate II

Hello,

I want to enter the decimal part of a number in to filed "Float" (Advanced Features -> FSM -> Converter).

The Decimal Separator in the Regional Settings of the system I use (KDE/plasma) is a comma.

It seems that the "Float" field only accepts a decimal point as decimal separator, but I cannot enter the decimal point character in this field: after pressing "." key nothing appears in this field.

I can enter the "," character as decimal separator, but after conversion I get the wrong result in the field "Float16".

Am I missing a some option in MEMS-studio settings to solve this problem?

Additional info: if the "Float" field already contains a decimal point, I can enter "." character, but if the field was initially empty, then I can't enter "." character.

P.S. I remember I had the same problem on Windows and in the previous version of MEMS-studio.

MEMS-studio v1.3.0

My system:

Operating System: Arch Linux 
KDE Plasma Version: 6.1.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.3.0
Qt Version: 6.7.2
Kernel Version: 6.6.37-1-lts (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 16 × AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 62.7 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @zmogas ,

Thank you for reporting us the issue, we managed to uniform converter input string format to other fields in MEMS Studio application where "." separator was used as decimal separator.

You will be able to evaluate the fix in the next release.

In the meantime we suggest you to use "." char as separator and stay tuned for new MEMS Studio releases.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @zmogas ,

Thank you for reporting us the issue, we managed to uniform converter input string format to other fields in MEMS Studio application where "." separator was used as decimal separator.

You will be able to evaluate the fix in the next release.

In the meantime we suggest you to use "." char as separator and stay tuned for new MEMS Studio releases.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.