cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a STWLC38 with an optional USB-C charging

BPolinske
Associate II

I'm looking for a reference schematic where I can use the STWLC38 for Qi charging, but the Qi charging will be disabled when a USB-C is plugged in. I also need the USB-C Vbus to be isolated from the connector while the Qi charging is active.

I'd really like to have the configuration be controlled automatically by the STWLC38, if possible... Much like this from a competitive device. Is that possible?

BPolinske_0-1706719449014.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi @BPolinske 

Here is example of Wire and wireless switch circuit, it use some NMOS and PMOS.

When VBUS high, Vsys connect VBUS

When VBUS low, Vsys connect V_WLC RX VOUT

willzhou_0-1706751647906.png

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
willzhou
ST Employee

Hi @BPolinske 

Here is example of Wire and wireless switch circuit, it use some NMOS and PMOS.

When VBUS high, Vsys connect VBUS

When VBUS low, Vsys connect V_WLC RX VOUT

willzhou_0-1706751647906.png

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
willzhou
ST Employee

Also i want to highligh this switch circuit advantage.
RX do not need power by external and RX do not consume any power from battery.

I assume with a PMOS we can also tie V_USB_5V to the gate and the enable pin to the drain to disable the STWLC38 when USB is applied..??

I do not understand what circuit do you plan to use, can you draw simple picture to descript?

I'll generalize with a question instead. What circuit would be recommended with the STWLC38 to force the transmitter to shut off if the USB has been inserted to charge instead of using Qi?