cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

products long lead times AT27C512R-70PU Qty 1000

purchasing2
Associate

AT27C512R-70PU Qty 1000 required , none of distributors have it at reasonable price to buy. Why is the product made scarce for black marketing some distributors/stockings quoting $110 each

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @purchasing2, to the community!

First of all, the AT27C512R is or better: was an OTP EPROM (not an EEPROM) from another manufacturer.

In addition, STMicroelectronics also used to produce something like this, but discontinued it many, maaany years ago. This may explain why some brokers charge such horrendous prices for them.

I guess you have to make a decision to

• either pay such insanely high prices when it comes to unique pieces,
  • or to change the obviously eighties or nineties design to a more modern structure.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @purchasing2 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf. 

I see that Peter has already perfectly and accurately addressed this. To not duplicate effort, I will mark that internal case made as closed on our side.

Regards,

Billy

Very old products, perhaps unreasonable to expect availability spanning multiple decades without a redesign, or creating a list of cross-compatible or suitable parts that can be substituted into the BoM, and have been tested/validated by your own design staff.

High prices and low availability are the universe's way of forcing you to make better, harder decisions..

Hire some engineers, respin with current components and technologies, might be able to reduce size, cost and board complexity in the process.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
hblair_
Associate

Hi @purchasing2 ,

I came across your post when searching for this part for one of my clients. I understand your frustration, I might be able to help. If you still require this component, feel free to email me harper@directics.com. It sounds like you're being price gouged, $110 is far above market value. I have access to stock as low as $10.

Hope that helps - 

Harper Blair 

octopart suggest thousands of parts in the channel, including from Future/Germany at around $3 a piece. People quoting hundreds are clearly gouging, but that's their premium for warehousing.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..