cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while programming with Algo builder

CDent.1
Associate II

Hi,

I use Algo Builder to test the sensortile.box, but I can't program the board using the algobuilder software (after I have compiled) in order to test the functionality, even if it seems to be possible to program the microprocessor using directly the STM32CubeProgrammer, and the driver in the device manager seems to be correct.

Can anybody help me?0693W00000AODlwQAH.png0693W00000AODmVQAX.png0693W00000AODmkQAH.png0693W00000AODmuQAH.png0693W00000AODmfQAH.png Thanks,

Cristian

19 REPLIES 19
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hi,

did you try the Option 1 or Option 2 to enter the SensorTile.box to DFU mode?

Option 3 will be available as soon as the AlgoBuilder firmware will be programmed for the first time, because it requires direct support in the firmware.

CDent.1
Associate II

Dear Miroslav,

I Tried for sure Option 1.

I'm not sure if I have tried even option 2 since I'm not sure which is the Reset Button.

There are 3 button (PWR, BOOT and USER). If the Reset Button is the one indicated as PWR, yes, I have tried even option 2 with the same results

Thanks,

Cristian

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hi Cristian,

actually the SensorTile.box doesn't have the Reset button, you would need to add it manually which is kind of tricky.

Anyway the Option 1 should work as well.

If you do the procedure for Option 1 without opening the DFU window in AlgoBuilder you should see STM32 BOOTLOADER in Windows Device Manager. Then when you open the DFU window the programming should start automatically.

Another option is to find the generated binary file by AlgoBuilder program your SensorTile.box with this binary using STM32CubeProgrammer and since then the Option 3 in AlgoBuilder should be available.

CDent.1
Associate II

Hi Miroslav,

As you can see from the images there is STM32 Bootloader in Device manager and the STM32CubeProgrammer works.

But The DFU windows doesn't start. Under Option3 should appear COMXX (in the webinar I saw this) but is void

I can try to find the file generated file, but is it possible to make it work?

Thanks,

Cristian

CDent.1
Associate II

0693W00000AODmuQAH.png0693W00000AODlwQAH.png

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

The COMXX appears as soon as a COM port is available in your system. When the SensorTile.box is programmed with a AlgoBuilder firmware, it will expose a COM port and then it should be possible to use Option 3.

Just to be sure, did you successfully build the AlgoBuidler firmware so a binary is available?

CDent.1
Associate II

Yes. It compile, but don't program.

0693W00000AOFc3QAH.png

louda.marian
Senior

Hi Cristian,

the problem is in detection if any device in DFU mode is available. Friendly name of device instance is used for this purpose.

The string "STM32 BOOTLOADER" is expected but "STM32 Bootloader" is received in your case.

This issue will be fixed in next application release.

Best Regards,

Marian

louda.marian
Senior

Hi Cristian,

another possibility is to run Registry editor as administrator and search HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM key for "STM32 Bootloader" string (check all in Look at).

If value name is FriendlyName change its value to "STM32 BOOTLOADER". Repeat this operation for all occurrences. The device should be disconnected when values are changed. Then connect the device in DFU mode and program the device.

Best Regards,

Marian

0693W00000AOJMsQAP.png0693W00000AOJNHQA5.png