cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPS22DF OR LPS28DFW

ljm
Associate III

Hello,

I have question please, can you tell me the protection index (IP) of the LPS28DFW ? 

also the LPS22DF has 22000g High shock survivability, it's perfromant for my application but for the LPS28DFW i don't find any information on the datasheet about the High shock survivability.

Can you tell me if the 2 sensors have the same High shock survivability or not ? 

Thank you very much 

8 REPLIES 8
ljm
Associate III

Hello,

I have question please, can you tell me the protection index (IP) of the LPS28DFW ? 

also the LPS22DF has 22000g High shock survivability, it's perfromant for my application but for the LPS28DFW i didn't found any information in the datasheet about the High shock survivability.

Can you tell me if the 2 sensors have the same High shock survivability or not ? 

Thank you very much 

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ljm ,

If it is not written on the datasheet, there is no IP certification.

By construction and package closure, the 28DFW is more robust than the 22DF and therefore has a higher high shock survivability than 22000g.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ljm
Associate III

thank you very much for your feedback.
from what i've seen the price of the lps28dfw is almost 2 to 3 times more expensive than the lps22df.
is this difference explained by the advantage of the LPS28DFW which has a fairly high measuring range and the added gel for waterproofing ?
One last question please, for the LPS28DFW's dust tightness, can you recommend any of your products that might help me ?  and thank you.

thank you very much for your feedback.
from what i've seen the price of the lps28dfw is almost 2 to 3 times more expensive than the lps22df.
is this difference explained by the advantage of the LPS28DFW which has a fairly high measuring range and the added gel for waterproofing ?
One last question please, for the LPS28DFW's dust tightness, can you recommend any of your products that might help me ?  and thank you.

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @ljm ,

For dust, LPS28DFW is more immune due to the presence of gels, while dust on LPS22DF could alter the measurement by closing the holes where the pressure is read.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Federica Bossi 

Thank you for your reply.
Does this mean that the existing gel on the LPS28DFW protects against water and dust at the same time? Because the environment where the sensor is used, there is too much dust? Do you have any idea if the existing gel on the LPS28DFW protects against large dust (in mm) or even for small dust (in micro-meter)?

ljm
Associate III

hello @Federica Bossi 

because as far as I know, dust can accumulate on the gel.

ljm
Associate III

hello @Federica Bossi 

For the LPS22DF, LPS27HW and LPS28DFW, i need to know the response time, means the necessary time to mesure the pressure. 

Thank you very much