cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teseo-VIC3DA dead reckoning accuracy

Fan1
Associate III

I installed the Teseo-VIC3DA Evaluation Kit to my car and drove for about half an hour. The "sr" field of PSTMDR2 showed "system ready". Then I disconnected the antenna to test the DR mode. The accuracy of the DR seemed not good (the error was around 50 to 100 meters, and sometimes even worse). 

What is the typical accuracy of DR mode? Do you have a video that demonstrate the DR performance? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi

Just some questions:

1. Is the platform strongly fixed to the car (without any relative movement between the board and the car)?

2. Are you using ODO signals (and/or SensorOverUart) or are you using DRAW mode?

Thansk

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Fan1
Associate III

Just to clarify, I used Untethered DR i.e. no wheelticks/direction inputs from the car. 

And what I found is that, in DR mode, the Teseo module can detect my turning correctly but the distance sensing is off. For example, if I drove 10 meters in one direction, the detected coordinates moved 20 meters.

Francesco Virlinzi
ST Employee

Hi

Just some questions:

1. Is the platform strongly fixed to the car (without any relative movement between the board and the car)?

2. Are you using ODO signals (and/or SensorOverUart) or are you using DRAW mode?

Thansk

Yes, it is strongly fixed to the car. There is no relative movement.

As I mentioned, it is untethered DR i.e. no wheelticks/direction inputs from the car.