cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use external Flash with STM32Cube.AI?

DPast.2
Associate

Hi,

I have managed to program the STM32F746G-DISCO with a simple neural network but when I try to do it using the external Flash by using the option in advanced settings (External NOR Flash) it doesn't work. Any idea why? Is there anything else I need to do?

I'm using STM32CubeMX and Keil.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DPast.2
Associate

In case anyone runs into this problem, I managed to solve it. Instead of generating a .bin file, I used a linker script (option in advanced settings too) and increased the RAM for algorithm size in Options for Target in Keil so that there is enough space.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DPast.2
Associate

In case anyone runs into this problem, I managed to solve it. Instead of generating a .bin file, I used a linker script (option in advanced settings too) and increased the RAM for algorithm size in Options for Target in Keil so that there is enough space.

Hey, I m trying to run a model using external flash and RAM and I have configured it in the advance setting section of STM32Cube AI plugin.  My question is that do I have to explicitly do anything in my C code for it to use the External Flash or RAM? or the STM32CUBE-AI APIs will take care of it?