Imaging (sensors)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

VL53L1X for custom use

HiI want to use VL53L1x board sensor for custom application. I wanted to use an external laser source of 940nm and block the onboard laser source. Are there any precautions to be taken for such case?I also wanted to know is it possible to access the ...

Resolved! TOF Sensor Lens Fogging and Icing Problems

Hi all.I'm using a TOF sensor VL53L0X to make a small short range probe. the TOF sensor is not suitable for direct exposure, so there will be a piece of lens to cover the TOF sensor. Now the problem is, in the low-temperature environment, the lens su...

VL53L7CX Driver - Implement from VL53L5CX driver?

Hi, I have implemented the VL53L5CX driver for a Nordic controller, and it works fine. Now, I want to implement the VL53L7CX driver for the same Nordic controller. Can I use the VL53L5CX driver as is, or will I need to make changes? Additionally, are...

Resolved! VL53L1X using with another laser source

Hi, I had a query regarding the VL53L0X TOF sensor. Is it possible to block the laser on the board and use an off board laser of same wavelength and get readings from TOF sensor? such as intensity readings only?   

vishnusf by Associate
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

VL53L8 API not working

Hello, i've recently made a board including a VL53L8 Time of flight sensor connected to an STM32G071 over SPI.I'm using the VL53LMZ api to connect to it and after modifying the platform.c file i've managed to talk to the sensor (vl53lmz_is_alive() se...

Resolved! vl53l8cx with SPI interface start ranging fails

To begin, I am using the vl53l8cx breakout board from Pololu with a Nucleo-F446RE and PlatformIO. I have been having trouble getting the VL53L8CX to start ranging using the SPI2 interface. I get successful responses from the `_is_alive()` and `_init(...

Resolved! Extracting distance data from VL53L8CH --> CNH histogram data

Hello Community,I had a doubt and wanted an explanation to it relating to a document published by STM electronics, https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_presentation/26oct2023-artificial-intelligence-enabler-time-of-flight-sensors-with-cnh-data....

koch by Associate II
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos