cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is on my macOS not possible to install STM32CubeProgrammer (Big Sur 11.2.1) I get the notice that the file is damaged. I tried it several times?! What is happening?? I saw that in 2019, 2020, this problem often was mentioned? How come? Best Regards

HMerz.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @HMerz.1​ ,

To be sure That I well understand , can you please confirm that :

• you are under the install Setup folder : SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2_6_0_macos/
  • you use this command :./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.6.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2_6_0_macos

Houda

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @HMerz.1​ 

To install the STM32CubeProgrammer tool please try to launch the installer in CLI mode using the command:

./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammerx.y.z.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-x_y_z_macos.

Please let me know if it works. If not , send me the error log.

Houda

Dear Houda,
Thanks for your reaction and info. I tried to follow your advice. But I got the following output in Terminal:
MacBook-Pro-van-J:downloads Hans$ ./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.6.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2_6_0_macos.
-bash: ./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.6.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2_6_0_macos.: No such file or directory
MacBook-Pro-van-J:downloads Hans$
I certainly am doing something wrong?! But don’t have any clou what? I am not a Terminal expert as you see. Maybe you could help me with it. I need te install some firmware with STMCubeProgrammer.
Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Hans Merz
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @HMerz.1​ ,

To be sure That I well understand , can you please confirm that :

• you are under the install Setup folder : SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2_6_0_macos/
  • you use this command :./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.6.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2_6_0_macos

Houda

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @HMerz.1​ ,

Hope you succeeded in CubeMX install when using this commands.

If yes please close this topic by by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Houda

Hi Houda Ghabri,

I have succeeded in installing STM32CubeProgrammer. But the new Mac OS Big Sur is acting difficult in accepting this kind of (not Apple) software (maybe the combi with JAVA?). Anyway finally I succeeded in using your suggested commands in Terminal. But it took several tries and suddenly after almost an hour it got installed. I use STM32CubeProgrammer to install firmware for the TinySA project. In the beginning it didn't work but after a few tries the same outcome it suddenly installed the firmware. So I'm glad with the results but if it can help others? I think that Windows is a lot more friendly to foreign software than Apple OS. But thanks for the support!!

MattKefford
Associate III

I finally managed to install this too with some help from this thread.

I downloaded the zip file to my Downloads and unzipped it there.

Then in Terminal I did:

cd Downloads/en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-11-0

Then I did:

./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.11.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2_11_0_macos

And finally it worked, producing this result:

Kefford@Keffords-Mac en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-11-0 % ./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.11.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2_11_0_macos
./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.11.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2_11_0_macos

chdir /Users/Kefford/Downloads/en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-11-0/./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.11.0.app/Contents/MacOs
current dir /Users/Kefford/Downloads/en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-11-0/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.11.0.app/Contents/MacOs
Command line arguments: 
====================
Installation started
Framework: 1.8.0_191-b12 (Oracle Corporation)
Platform: mac_osx,version=10.16,arch=x86,symbolicName=null,javaVersion=1.8.0_265
Installation finished
Kefford@Keffords-Mac en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-11-0 % 

This helped me as well, thanks for summary @Community member​ 

EDIT: similar approach works also for installation of CubeMX tool

chriskuku
Senior II

I was stuck at the same problem. Finally managed to run the installer

./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.13.0.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2_13_0_macos

Once during the process one has to intercept with the security settings, click Cancel (not into tray), go into System->Security and allow this app to be executed. Then start again. The security question then is not so strict and you can pass through every question and allow execution.

EDIT: found it using the global search in macOS. But still don't know where to find in the future rather than using the search function.

For me now the problem is: where in hell is STM32CubeProgrammer located now to invoke it?

What I do is the shortcut Cmd + Spacebar then type “cubeprog�? and hit enter. The actual location of it should be Macintosh HD > Applications (it’s buried in the folders STMicroelectronics > STM32Cube > STM32CubeProgrammer). Another option is to do the gesture to show all apps (it’s like a pinch with your thumb and three fingers on the trackpad) then either navigate to the app icon or just type “prog�?.