cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Project with two Dual-Core projects are buggy

Despair1337
Associate III

Hello,

There are several issues when having project in STM32CubeIDE for STM32H747I-DISCO.

1) When you open M4 or M7 main.c file, there doesn't work the autocomplete. But when you open this file by generating code from .IOC file, those files have autocomplete.

0693W000007BgJPQA0.gifAs you can see in this gif, I have two times opened CM7 main.c. In one is auto-complete working, in one not.

2) When debugging any core, I can step the code, but anytime I make breakpoint, and run the code, it breaks on some address, and not showing anything, so in conclusion, breakpoints even don't work.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A quick update:

I just tested this with our internal build and it has been fixed. So this will be part of the next release.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TDK
Guru

The left and right are different main.c files.

0693W000007Bh3hQAC.png 

0693W000007Bh3rQAC.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Despair1337​ ,

I recommend you to review this AN5361 application note describes how to get started with projects based on STM32H7 Series dual-core microcontrollers in the STM32CubeIDE. This should be helpful for you.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Despair1337
Associate III

Hello @Imen DAHMEN​ and @TDK​ 

Imen: I guess your reply is for the second question, the debugging. Thank you for this, will take look.

TDK : Oh, I didn't noticed this. Anyway, I guess this shouldn't happen, or is this supposed to work like this?

Thank you for your time.

TDK
Guru

> TDK : Oh, I didn't noticed this. Anyway, I guess this shouldn't happen, or is this supposed to work like this?

Not sure what you mean. If you open multiple files, they will all be shown. I'd recommend closing all files and specifically opening the ones you need when in doubt.

Autocomplete only exists when the IDE knows what to do in the specific context, which only happens if the file is in a properly set up project. Hard to know what you've got going on from the small screenshot, but clearly there are files from multiple projects open.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi TDK,

I'm sorry, let me share with you more information.

0693W000007BpPbQAK.pngSince this is dual-core project, STM32CubeIDE creates basically 3 projects.

• Root Project - contains IOC and common files between cores
    • CM4 - contains source code for Cortex-M4
    • CM7 - contains source code for Cortex-M7

So, from what we can see, the first file is opened in CM7 project (path sampler_CM7/Core/Src/main.c), thus it have all required information for indexing, so autocomplete works.

Second main.c file is opened in Root Project (where inside is also CM7 project folder, so the path is sampler/CM7/Core/Src/main.c).

Actually, this gives sense why is this happening. Since IOC is in Root Project, generator is inside Root Project, so as Root Project, it will open the main.c file. But this is in the context of Root Project, so there isn't all required paths. etc.. For auto-correct. Generally, I think this shouldn't happen.

@Imen DAHMEN​  please, would it be possible to report this problem to developer team? I'm very confident that this is bug.

Thank you very much.

​Hi @Despair1337​ ,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have passed your feedback along to our development team for review.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hello MKraus,

I've reproduced the issue so I will go ahead and write a ticket for it.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

A quick update:

I just tested this with our internal build and it has been fixed. So this will be part of the next release.

Thank you very much for letting me know!