cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue to use DCMI with STM32H7A3 (DMA mode)

MSale.1
Senior

I have problem with the DCMI in STM32H7A3.DCMI FIFO never get filled and the DMA interrupt never start. does any one faced this issue with this new uc?

I have Camera system runs on STM32H743 and now we use the new STM32H7A3 but the problem the DCMI FIFO never get filled so the DMA never start the transfer. i have the Vsync and H sync working and the pixel clock too. I wonder if there is informations related to this new uc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MSale.1
Senior

Problem solved. Its bug in the Cube IDE. It does not generate the function to link the DCMI with the DMA. I speak about the HAL Link DMA function

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MSale.1
Senior

Problem solved. Its bug in the Cube IDE. It does not generate the function to link the DCMI with the DMA. I speak about the HAL Link DMA function

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

Thanks for sharing the solution to the issue you faced.

In order to fix it permanently at STM32CubeIDE (and STM32CubeMX) sides, could you please precise the used version of these tools? Are you aligned with last revisions?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Amel NASRI​ 

Cube IDE version 1.5.1

Mahmoud

Hi @Community member​ ,

The problem is confirmed, I reported it internally and our STM32CubeMX team will take care to fix it in next releases.

Thanks,

Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Community member​ ,

I am pleased to inform you that the issue was fixed in the latest STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE versions.

Please try them, and keep me informed if there is any faced issue.

-Amel

@Amel NASRI​ 

Hi ,

Thank you.

I only have one question and i hope you can help with it

Can the DMA2D in the H7 reconfigured to accept the YCBCR from the DCMI so it can convert to RGB565 or way to organize the YCBCR from the DCMI into 8x8 MCU as it expected from the hardware jpeg decoder?

Mahmoud