cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK Error(DEV_TARGET_HELD_UNDER_RESET)

JRF.1
Associate II

So I'm using an STM32F103C8T6 board and it was working fine a few days ago but then tried to load a code with keil vision compiler these days and it showed this message STLINK Error(DEV_TARGET_HELD_UNDER_RESET). After that using the STM32CubeProgrammer also shows the same problem, only connects with the "hot plug" mode.

Its cleary a reset error, but I really dont know how it happened and don't find much resources on the internet with this problem and now I can't download any code in my stm32f103 board it shows "Could not stop cortex M device, check JTAG cable"

After researching on the internet found it might be soldering problem, but I dont think its the case, i'm only using the microcontroller, not any bread board circuit, and it was perfectly fine days ago. All my write and read protections checkboxes are unchecked in the STM32CubeProgrammer sections too.

I guy on the stcommunity just said "he went through all CPU pins and the board started working." but is it a problem with the pin reset? in the STM32F103C8T6 board it has a reset buton but how can a search a problem in it?

3 REPLIES 3

Do you drive the NRST pin with any logic externally?

Is BOOT0 pulled LOW?

Cross-linking these so I can find them later.. https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W0000055gcRSAQ/devtargetheldunderreset-error-from-stlink

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JRF.1
Associate II

Yes, it has this yellow jumper as you can its BOOT0 pulled LOW (zero).

Actually, I always load the code in this mode, and has always worked, never needed to put boot0 high as showed in tutorials on the internet.

0693W000006HdEAQA0.jpgIt has the white reset button and the reset pin(next to B11) but I'm not using this pin. I can't use it when I configured the pins in CubeMX, It's connected to the button as you can see in the schematic below.

0693W000006HdI2QAK.png

JRF.1
Associate II

Anyone for help, please?