cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX no longer supports code generation for Keil / IAR IDE?

PBobo.1
Associate II

I recently installed the latest STM32CubeMX. Much to my great regret, I did not find the ability to generate code for the Keil / IAR IDE. Is this option really no more, or has it been hidden? If not, which of the latest STM32CubeMX versions has these features?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Hi @PBobo.1​ ,

In order to choose the Toolchain/IDE you can navigate to Project manager and you will find Toolchain/IDE.0693W000006G3uhQAC.png 

Hope that this helps you ,

Thanks !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Hi @PBobo.1​ ,

In order to choose the Toolchain/IDE you can navigate to Project manager and you will find Toolchain/IDE.0693W000006G3uhQAC.png 

Hope that this helps you ,

Thanks !

PBobo.1
Associate II

I recently installed a new version of STM32CubeMx (Version: 6.1.0-RC2) on a new system

and found that I can only generate projects for STM32CubeIde.

There is only one item in the "Tulchain / IDE" menu item: "STM32CubeIDE",

grayed out, no other options. After your answer, I remembered that I had not installed on my computer yet

no alternative IDEs and thought there were no required options because of this.

I installed the latest Keil uvision (V5.33.0.0) but nothing changed.

No new IDE choices have emerged.

PBobo.1
Associate II

I uninstalled Stm32CubeIDE and then installed it again. Again, nothing has changed. And in which version of the program were the screenshots that you provided?

My version of the program is missing the "GENERATE CODE" button in the upper right part of the screen.

PBobo.1
Associate II

The problem was solved! My mistake was that I used the STM32CubeMX version included in STM32CubeIDE. As it turned out, this version has limited capabilities. Full version of STM32CubeMX is required for full operation.

The old version of CubeMX worked for me under win32, but after updating to the new version it stopped working. I had to upgrade to win64.