cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Procedures] How to use example codes : STM32Cube_FW_H7

SHong.5
Associate II

Hi

I'm currently using STM32H743 and would like to try out example codes from STM32Cube_FW_H7.

Desktop\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Applications\LwIP\LwIP_UDP_Echo_Client

There were files in above directory.

• EWARM
  • Inc
  • MDK-ARM
  • Src
  • SW4STM32

​Since I'm using Atollic TrueStudio, so I ran .project in SW4STM32.

However, after I BUILD PROJECT, the message "Info: Nothing to build for STM32H743I_EVAL". I tried to import src, inc folders, but it seems like it doesn't compile.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> Since I'm using Atollic TrueStudio, so I ran .project in SW4STM32

Unfortunately SW4STM32 projects don't build as is with Atollic. You have to import (convert) them. See the Atollic documentation.

After conversion, fix some small issues - if I remember correctly, make the project to use the original linker script (.ld file) instead of auto-created.

-- pa

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> Since I'm using Atollic TrueStudio, so I ran .project in SW4STM32

Unfortunately SW4STM32 projects don't build as is with Atollic. You have to import (convert) them. See the Atollic documentation.

After conversion, fix some small issues - if I remember correctly, make the project to use the original linker script (.ld file) instead of auto-created.

-- pa

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @SHong.5​ ,

You can use STM32CubeIDE (all-in-one multi-OS development tool) and follow the guide to import Cube projects from SW4STM32 or TrueSTUDIO to STM32CubeIDE:

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

@Imen DAHMEN According to UM2579 that you have linked, it is not possible to convert multicore SW4STM project to CubeIDE.

The guide says:

• It is not possible to convert to STM32CubeIDE a mutlicore project created in System Workbench for STM32

And @SHong.5 is using dualcore STM32H7.

Regards,

Hi @Frak.1​ ,

That sentence is a bit old, the guide is old and probably needs updating.

I recommend you to follow the AN5361 STM32H7 guide for import, in Section 2.5 Import a project from the STM32CubeH7 MCU Package.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Good to know, thank you.