cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual drive with FOC with STM32G431

JKoch.1
Associate

Hi,

for a project I would like to design a dual BLDC drive based on STM32G4 microcontrollers with FOC algorithm for both BLDC motors.

In a first view STM32G431 with 64 pins and two STSPIN830 and 3 shunt current measurement seem to fulfill the project requirements. Unfortuneatly with the MCSDK I am not able to setup a configuration for the control software with the microcontroller STM32G431.

a) What is the technical background that MCSDK is not able to setup a dual drive with STM32G431 for FOC?

b) Which microcontroller should I consider instead? STM32G474 with 64 pins or 80 pins?

c) Is it possible to use the internal Op-Amps for 3 shunt current measurement (with PGA) in the dual drive configuration?

d) Can I configure a proejct with STM32G474 (128 pins) in MCSDK and run the project on a microcontroller with less pins?

Best regards, Jochen

1 REPLY 1
msingh
Senior

I have just bought the STEVAL-IHM042V1 board which is meant to drive 2 BLDC motors. I have managed to adapt the hardware and create a project with MCWB but this doesn't allow me to drive both the motors simultaneously. I am wondering if I can drive 2 motors but only one at a time or am I doing something wrong?