cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 ICs not getting programmed via DFUSE

dv.13
Associate II

Hi, we are using STM32H743VIT6 IC for past 3 to 4 years. but from January, none of the newly bought IC is getting programmed via DFUSE. the IC gets connected, erase cycle starts reaches upto 49% and then nothing happens. only the timer is incremented.

we can program the same IC via STLINK Utility and V2 programmer.

also on the same board if we solder the IC bought 2 years ago, we can program it with DEFUSE without any issue.

we have tried STM32H750 and 753 also. but faced same issue.

also for this new lot, ADC reading is also not very stable....

can some body help???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @dv.13​ ,

I recommend you to use the new STM32CubeProgrammer software tool (All-in-one Software Tool) delivers device-programming and firmware upgrade for STM32 microcontrollers.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @dv.13​ ,

I recommend you to use the new STM32CubeProgrammer software tool (All-in-one Software Tool) delivers device-programming and firmware upgrade for STM32 microcontrollers.

Please mark my answer as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully solved your issue. This will help other users find this solution more quickly.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Check which stepping you are having problems with the Y step was replaced this year with the V step silicon.

The version of the System Loader would also likely effect it's behaviour in DFuse

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

how to check the stepping??

We are using the cube programmer right now, but problem arises when we release an update... The user cannot download it in the chip as they will need the stlink programmer for that​