cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange STM32CubeIDE and .ioc behavior

DNITA.1
Associate

Hello,

For my first project with STM32 microcontrollers I try to use STM32F769I-Discovery board with TouchGFX 4.13.0 Designer and STM32CubeIDE 1.3.0.

So I first generate a project with TouchGFX, generate the code and then open the project from the directory “STM32CubeIDE�? created by TouchGFX.

Its work fine, an .ioc file is created and changing things with TouchGFX can be see on the DISCO screen once the debug launched.

Problems starts when I try to add Ethernet peripheral on my application. I select ETH from Connectivity categories, with RMII and interruptions activate.

Once the code created I found only MX_ETH_Init() function on the main.c. It is normal ? On the “ETH Firmware driver API description�? chapter of HAL description this is only step 3 of 12 (page 317 of dm00105879). This is the expected behavior ? Why not having all necessary code ?

So, to go further I search examples for ETH complete initialization and I wanted to add LWIP from .ioc. The problem is that once code was generated by CubeIde, I realize that I looses all my changed made previously on the main.c !

However, I put my code inside the /* USER CODE BEGIN */ /* USER CODE END */ sections.

It's mean that I have to set only once at the begin of the project all the configuration and newer again uses the .ioc configuration?

Thanks,

Dan.

1 REPLY 1
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Dear @DNITA.1​ 

Could you please share your .ioc file.

Which version of STM32CubeMX are you using ?

Best regards,

Houssem