cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC-DMA setup in STM32CubeIDE: DMA Continuous Requests option in parameter settings is missing

CWu.2
Associate

I'm trying to use the DMA on an STM32 H743ZI2 nucleo dev board to continuously read values from an ADC input into a buffer.

I'm trying to follow along the tutorial here: https://www.digikey.com/en/maker/projects/getting-started-with-stm32-working-with-adc-and-dma/f5009db3a3ed4370acaf545a3370c30c

However, when I try to configure my ADC parameter settings, I do not see an option to enable DMA continuous requests, and as a result, my callback functions aren't being called.

How can I enable continuous DMA requests if this option is unavailable, or change settings such that this option appears?

Below are screenshots showing my issue:

0693W000003QyjKQAS.png0693W000003QyjFQAS.png

Thanks,

chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Dear @CWu.2​ ,

In order to activate ADC DMA on STM32H7 you need to follow these steps:

• Activate ADC instance under analog ADC.
  • Add DMA under system core -> DMA and choose the ADC instance that you already activated.
  • Under ADC setting -> conversion data management setting choose DMA Circular mode.

Now you have configured ADC with DMA but you may have problem related to STM32H7 memory layout, so you will need to follow this article in order to get it working as expected.

Please use the last version of STM32CubeMX.

Hope that this solve your issue.

Best regards,

Houssem

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Dear @CWu.2​ ,

In order to activate ADC DMA on STM32H7 you need to follow these steps:

• Activate ADC instance under analog ADC.
  • Add DMA under system core -> DMA and choose the ADC instance that you already activated.
  • Under ADC setting -> conversion data management setting choose DMA Circular mode.

Now you have configured ADC with DMA but you may have problem related to STM32H7 memory layout, so you will need to follow this article in order to get it working as expected.

Please use the last version of STM32CubeMX.

Hope that this solve your issue.

Best regards,

Houssem