cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear All, I am using HSD ISO8200BQ in our digital output card. When we give logic high the output os HSD is as expected. When we give logic 0 the expected result should be <= 1V but we are getting 2.014V. So kindly suggest me the solution.

ARedd.1
Associate

Part no:ISO8200BQ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The ISO8200BQ is a "galvanic isolated octal high-side smart power solid state-relay", where High-Side means that the output can only be driven to VCC, i.e. the supply rail. There is a built-in pull-down resistor, typically 210 kOhms, which allows some protection functions but is not strong enough to drive the output really low. So all in all it is not a push-pull driver.

Usually this device is used to switch loads which are connected to ground, such as relays etc.

Does it answer your question?

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The ISO8200BQ is a "galvanic isolated octal high-side smart power solid state-relay", where High-Side means that the output can only be driven to VCC, i.e. the supply rail. There is a built-in pull-down resistor, typically 210 kOhms, which allows some protection functions but is not strong enough to drive the output really low. So all in all it is not a push-pull driver.

Usually this device is used to switch loads which are connected to ground, such as relays etc.

Does it answer your question?

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hi @ARedd.1​ Peter's answer solved your doubts?

If yes please "Select as best" the reply to help the Community in similar questions.

ARedd.1
Associate

Hi,

The problem is solved.

Thanks,

--Ashok Reddy