cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After the last update STM32CubeIDE to 1.4.1 the SD card stopped working on STM32F4...

GZeyf.1
Associate II

The bundle FreeRtos+ FATfs stopped working. In version embedded software 1.25.0 and 1.24.. When I trying to call f_mount() the system freezes completely. I took two days to find the problem! In file sd_diskio.c (FATfs) queue function is called (osMessageQueuePut) from the interrupt. This leads to a complete system crash. Even I, after two weeks of studying STM, know that you cannot call a queue from an interrupt! 

I had to replace the sd_diskio.h and sd_diskio.c files with files from version 1.23. There, instead of a queue, the usual flag is applied. After that, everything worked. But the files are replaced after each generation with a cube. 

Questions:

Is it generally normal that after the next updates everything collapses due to children's mistakes?

How can I manually select in a cube not the latest version of embedded software? This tab is there but it is not active despite the fact that many versions have been downloaded.

0693W000003OfAgQAK.jpg0693W000003Of9xQAC.jpg

1 REPLY 1
S.Ma
Principal

Upgrading tool while a project has already started creates additional setbacks risks. Can you afford it? It is worth it?