cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55-MB1355C Thread Stack, undefined reference to `MX_LPUART1_UART_Init'

BDave.1
Associate

Hi all,

I've been trying to use the STM32WB55 Dev Kit and if I generate the project with the peramitirs below and then try to build the project I get this error;

*** Error Code ***

C:/Users/bryce/STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.3.0/STM32WB55-MB1355C/Debug/../STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.c:582: undefined reference to `MX_LPUART1_UART_Init'

I'm not too sure how to debug this, please could someone help me with debugging this issue.

I think its todo with the GUN not being able to see the Utilities folder?

*** Project Config ***

HSEM -> Active

RF -> Active

RTC -> Active

LpUart1 -> Mod -> Asynchronous

STM32_WPAN -> Thread -> Active

STM32_WPAN -> Thread -> Configuation (Tab) 

HW UART -> CFG_HW_LPUART1_ENABLED -> Enable
    App Parameters -> CFG_CLI_UART -> hw_lpuart1

Clock Configuration -> Resolve Clock Issues

Thanks for looking into this and if you need anything Please let me know

3 REPLIES 3
NS.123
Associate II

Hi, I'm getting a very similar error while linking. Have you managed to solve it?

c:\xxxxxx\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_2.0.0.202105311346\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: ./STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.o: in function `APP_THREAD_Init_UART_CLI':
C:/xxxxx/Debug/../STM32_WPAN/App/app_thread.c:647: undefined reference to `MX_LPUART1_UART_Init'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:73: test_STM32WB5MMG.elf] Error 1

Cheers,

Nico

NS.123
Associate II

Found it. The generated code declares the UART init functions as static by default.

0693W00000D1WYOQA3.png

hsdse.1
Associate

My difficulty isn't always with sampling the accelerometer. That works k. I can get uncooked statistics from it just excellent ammo. My trouble is that I'm now not able to set any of the unfastened-fall configuration bits.