cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking Advice for Communication on Nucleo-h743zi2 Board

HMsDobby2
Associate II

Hello,

I'm currently controlling a motor with the nucleo-h743zi2 board.

I'm sending commands to the motor driver via PWM and reading the encoder's values.

I can currently send commands from a PC and receive encoder values through UART communication.

When using UART communication, is there any control available for receiving both encoder values and other data like speed and control signals calculated on the board at the same time?

I want to plot graphs on the PC to easily monitor control performance.

Is there any reference material that would be helpful for me?

And as I'm a beginner and have used UART communication, please let me know if there are any other methods available.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

So if it is acceptable for your application that encoder values and the other data arrive in the PC one after the other, you can send any data via a single UART.

If the data must be transmitted independently of each other and actually at exactly the same time, you can also provide additional serial channels (UART, SPI, etc.) for each of the data streams.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

So if it is acceptable for your application that encoder values and the other data arrive in the PC one after the other, you can send any data via a single UART.

If the data must be transmitted independently of each other and actually at exactly the same time, you can also provide additional serial channels (UART, SPI, etc.) for each of the data streams.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your response. I have resolved this issue.