cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find the meaning of status LEDS from NUCLEO-WL55C1 LoRaWAN_End_Node application

KevinA
Senior

In STM\STM32Cube_FW_WL_V1.2.0\Projects\NUCLEO-WL55JC\Applications\LoRaWAN\LoRaWAN_End_Node\LoRaWAN I cannot find an explanation for the NUCLEO-WL55C1 LEDS GREEN, BLUE, RED meanings. In lora_app.c I found: AppLedStateOn = appData->Buffer[0] & 0x01; that toggles the RED LED There is nothing in the DOCS, README, PDF files and the source is not commented to the programmers intentions, must be real obvious but I'm missing it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello KevinA,

I have also was not able to find it in the documentation, but I think there is nothing complicated and maybe that is the reason why is not anywhere described. All changes to the LED in this project are in lora_app.c file. I will try to summarize the functioning of the led for you:

• RED LED
    • Start blinking after LoRaWAN_Init() signalizing trying for joining the network
    • Stop blinking after LmHandlerJoinStatus change to LORAMAC_HANDLER_SET signalizing the endnode have joined the network
    • After that the RED led is used only for demonstration and you can switch it on or off with a receiving message as described here
  • BLUE LED
    • Is set when LoRaWAN application has received a frame in callback function OnRxData
    • Is reset after defined time with RxLedTimer

• GREEN LED
    • Is set when LoRaWAN application has sent a frame in callback function OnTxData
    • Is reset after defined time with TxLedTimer

So after joining the network the RED led stops blinking a is reset or set depending an received data and blue/green blinking is signalizing receiving/sending frames.

Please click on Select as Best if my reply answered your question. This will help other users with the same problem to find the solution faster!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello KevinA,

I have also was not able to find it in the documentation, but I think there is nothing complicated and maybe that is the reason why is not anywhere described. All changes to the LED in this project are in lora_app.c file. I will try to summarize the functioning of the led for you:

• RED LED
    • Start blinking after LoRaWAN_Init() signalizing trying for joining the network
    • Stop blinking after LmHandlerJoinStatus change to LORAMAC_HANDLER_SET signalizing the endnode have joined the network
    • After that the RED led is used only for demonstration and you can switch it on or off with a receiving message as described here
  • BLUE LED
    • Is set when LoRaWAN application has received a frame in callback function OnRxData
    • Is reset after defined time with RxLedTimer

• GREEN LED
    • Is set when LoRaWAN application has sent a frame in callback function OnTxData
    • Is reset after defined time with TxLedTimer

So after joining the network the RED led stops blinking a is reset or set depending an received data and blue/green blinking is signalizing receiving/sending frames.

Please click on Select as Best if my reply answered your question. This will help other users with the same problem to find the solution faster!