cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use micro USB ie.,On-board ST-LINK debugger/programmer as virtual comport by re-enumeration ?

rohitsam
Associate

I have Discovery kit with STM32F411VE MCU (LINK), The product description doeasnt talk anything about the re-enumeration capability of the on board ST-LINK debugger/programmer.

0693W000001sMpwQAE.png

Is it possible to tweak some jumpers or tweak stlinks firmware to use this micro usb as the virtual comport , so that I can use this as USART to USB?

3 REPLIES 3

The Micro USB is connected to the F411, not the F103 / ST-LINK/V2 VCP side of things.

Presumably you could put USB Device firmware on the F411 and have it be any device you want?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

The only way to use the micro-USB as a VCP is to write the firmware that treats that port as a USB VCP device. No jumpers are going to get you there.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
S.Ma
Principal

the mini usb for stlink includes normally a usart to virtual com port, if you use it for debugging. the benefit is that in this case, you can stop your code under debug without losing the device enumeration which is done by the f103.