cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, nucleo 144 h743zi2, the Board is not pinged. I tried everything that was advised on the Internet, even ran examples and still does not ping. Please send a working sequence of actions to start ethernet on this Board. Thanks.

Talex.2
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Talex.2
Associate II

I see mac address on the network via the arp command, so physics works. But I can't ping the Board, this is nonsense, I don't understand how it works,

Icmp is enabled, checksum counting is enabled. Do I need to manually process it? What kind of chip is it that takes so long to figure out what the problem is?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ETywo.1
Associate II

Hi, I've had similar undebuggable issue because I used some generic linker script. You need to make sure your LwIP buffers are accessible to DMA, which means it can't be in DTMC RAM, but in the D1 or D2 domain, if I remember correctly. You should read about the linker script and configuration in this article

Talex.2
Associate II

No this instruction does not work, I checked in the cube ide, and in keil. Please help me understand this..

ETywo.1
Associate II

If your initialization functions are returning success and your IP is static and in the same subnet as board, you should be able to ping the board, unless the buffers are in a wrong section of the memory.

To verify if your buffers are stored in RAM, find the address of their first elements when you debug your board in Keil, and check the memory map in the STM32H743 datasheet or reference manual to figure out which memory type it is mapped out to. That being said, if you are using a pre-made Keil example project with ethernet, the project already should be set up to place buffers in correct places. Also you can find the IP address used by the board by searching for a line of code that starts with "IP_ADDR4"

Talex.2
Associate II

do you mean the gnetif structure?

Talex.2
Associate II

0693W000001rnA0QAI.png

Talex.2
Associate II

I see mac address on the network via the arp command, so physics works. But I can't ping the Board, this is nonsense, I don't understand how it works,

Icmp is enabled, checksum counting is enabled. Do I need to manually process it? What kind of chip is it that takes so long to figure out what the problem is?