cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 5.6.1 + TouchGFX 4.13.0 + STM32F769I-DISCO - unable to create a working project

The SZ
Associate

I'm struggling to create a simple touchgfx based project with cubemx for my F769I Disco board.

I thought this is a simple job since there is nothing special. But I got and get stuck at several places.

• I created a new project using Board Selector and selecting "32F769IDISCOVERY", adding additional software "touch gfx"
  • Now "LTDC Blending Factors: PAxCA not required for RGB565/RGB888" is red
  • Generating code created warning : "These IPs still have some not configured or wrong parameter values: [...TouchGFX..4.13...]"
  • Application Structure seems to be set to "Advanced" otherwise files are missing in IAR 8 project.
  • IAR 7 project is not compilable since intrinsics h is included in wrong order. (with IAR 7.70)
  • Default save directory is inside user folder, this is not working since touchgfx does not support spaces in the path
  • Seems I have to open the created Touchgfx project in TouchGFX Designer and press "Generate Code"
  • But after fiddling around all these issues, the project does not fit into the RAM, the frame buffer is too large.
  • Using a high dpi display with CubeMX is a pain since "Additional Software Components" dialog is always too large and I have to resize it, all other windows have a gazillion of scrollbars everywhere.

I'm completely lost. Why is creating a simple project with the ST default tools such a pain? I tried to read the ST pages, but there are so many maybe I missed the one important point.

Can someone please help me to get a working project with latest STM32CubeMX and TouchGFX for the STM32F769I-DISCO demo board?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karan 123
Senior

Hi,

Why don't you like this ?

Open TouchGFX -> Change Application Template -> Choose STM32F769I-DISCO Kit .. and Draw something.

Run Simulator then Run Target...

0693W000001pKEYQA2.png

That will automatically generate setting of STM32CubeMX which you are manually doing.

Hope this helps..

--

Karan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Karan 123
Senior

Hi,

Why don't you like this ?

Open TouchGFX -> Change Application Template -> Choose STM32F769I-DISCO Kit .. and Draw something.

Run Simulator then Run Target...

0693W000001pKEYQA2.png

That will automatically generate setting of STM32CubeMX which you are manually doing.

Hope this helps..

--

Karan

Hello Karan,

thank you! I only looked at the "online" section of touchgfx and this was nearly empty. Now I can modify the ioc, however, the created IAR v8 project file is for a newer IAR version than 8.30.

After manualy editing the ewp file, I can compile, upload and debug.

Thanks again!

Steffen