cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistency in the specification of STM32H753ZI maximum SPI4,5,6 clock frequency

Gpeti
Senior II

Hello,

The datasheet of STM32H753ZI specifies the maximum SPI clock frequency that the chip supports. For SPI4,5,6 in Master mode it is 50MHz in rev V and 100MHz in rev Y (tables 105 and 204) for highest power supplies.

However in the reference manual of STM32H7, the SPI4,5,6 maximum kernel clock is 125MHz. Which means a SPI clock frequency of 62MHz (prescaler of 2 minimum). So it is not possible to reach the 100MHz for rev Y.

What is the correct information ? Is it possible to reach 100MHz for rev Y ?

7 REPLIES 7
DFuchs
Associate III

Hi,

50MHz / 100MHz belong to VOS1 in reference manual and datasheet. I don't find anything to VOS0 in datasheet.

Kind regards

Daniel

You're right ! It's pretty complicated just to find out the maximum possible frequency of a SPI... Do you know how to find the information in VOS0 ?

Gpeti
Senior II

BTW why isn't there VOS3 in the Table 55: kernel clock ditribution overview of the reference manual (that gives the maximum kernel clocks for peripherals ?

I think this is a typo in revision 6 and 7 of the reference manual. VOS2 at right side is VOS3.

Did you mean table 59? If you don't mean 59 there is Rev7 available.

I hope the reference manual is correct.

To be honest i'm happy when SPI is working with 10-20MHz on my board.

****, of course it is a typo, sorry about that.

Imen GH
ST Employee

​Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

I recommend you to follow the revision V specifications.

Regards