cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, When trying to download STM32CubeIDE the download button shows Not available How I can download the software to run my stm32f429ZI and stm32L476?

FHija.1
Associate II

10 REPLIES 10
S.Ma
Principal

Maybe it's not technical? Could it be a legal / regulation issue? Which country are you in?

FHija.1
Associate II

Lebanon but it is mentioned it's free

FHija.1
Associate II

thanks for your feedback; I wrote a letter to steve.eisner@stanford.edu asking permission

hi, wondering if you managed find any indication if Lebanon is in the export control list for embedded technologies.

is there another link we can use other than the Stanford one?

This also can be caused by Russian attempts to isolate from global internet and disrupt VPNs. Or crazy bastards again damaged comm. cables in the sea.

i did check if Lebanon's internet is interrupted by sanctioned countries and it was wasn't. At least when checking trade.gov, I see Lebanon isn't under export control, not being embargoed.

Also, Lebanon's internet fiber passes through France. Which isn't passing through Russia.

Hence, I'm questioning ST adherence to Export Control, maybe they need to review again and reconsider relaxed geolocking site extensions for Lebanese technology experts.

If we need to file end user licenses, NDAs, whatever it takes to get this blocked behavior lifted.

Seeking proactive response from ST's application engineers that isn't a template response.

STM32CubeIDE does not download or update without VPN.

Who do we get in touch with to get this sorted out?

Maybe something wrong on ST side , last days even one complained , download not possible : from Switzerland !

He could download then when making a short trip to Germany , just across the boarder. (Dont ask me why ! )

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

>STM32CubeIDE does not download or update without VPN.

Just keep using the VPN?